Sunday, June 22, 2008

Unexpected weekend



What a weekend. At first Adam, Logan and I were going to head to Houston to visit IKEA, but ended up not going. So I decided that on Saturday I'd go to get a massage and pedicure....a little treat for myself and a break away for a few hours. Friday night we come home from having dinner with our friends Brian and Natalie and put Logan to bed. I was sitting on the couch and my wonderful husband gives me a lovely note about how much he appreciates all that I do for him and Logan and ends up paying for my massage and pedicure. I was so grateful and appreciated it so much.


So Saturday comes and we went and took Logans first year photos and a family photo of us. She did such a great job. She was so adorable.
After the photos got done we came home and noticed that our neighbors were having a garage sale. Our garage is full of SO much stuff and prior to that we had scheduled amongst ourselves two seperate times to have a garage sale, but the days never worked out. So on Friday I had called the Salvation Army to come and pick up our stuff for donation. Well it was 10:30am and we decided to jump on the band wagon with our neighbors and we started pulling our stuff our of the garage and put a sign up that read, " Garage Sale -- Give us an offer." Nope we hadn't even priced a single thing, but we figure well we were just going to give this stuff away and now it looks like we could make a few bucks. Sure enough in no time we had sold almost everything we put out there. Within 2 hours we had made a few hundred dollars. We were very happy. An hour later I left for my massage and when I got back home we took Logan over to Honey's (Grandma Farrell) and Adam and I got to go to a nice dinner. What a great weekend. Made some money, got a massage and pedicure, and had a wonderful dinner with just my husband. Thanks Honey for watching Logan.

2 comments:

Matt and Audrey Myers said...

A. I didn't know you had a blog! I found you through the Chaddick's blog...
B. I love the family photos!
C. Logan is so grown up! So cute!!

Looks like you are enjoying your summer!!

Matt and Audrey Myers said...

I know...definitely some changes next year! Crazy! Boy...news travels fast! I did go on an interview but no luck. The interview actually went really well and I thought I had a good chance thinking they were only interviewing for half a day for that one position. However, they interviewed for over a week about 100 applicants! I was still grateful for the interview!