Sunday, July 19, 2009

Happy 40th Anniversary Steve and Adele

Today my in-laws celeebrated their 40th Anniversary. Actually I should say that they initially started off celebrating their 40th Anniversary about 2 weeks ago when they took a cruise to Alaska. We (Adam, Logan, myself and Michaela) celebrated their Anniversary with them yesterday evening. We had everyone over to our house last night for dinner. I had "planned" on making a 4 layer cake. Each layer was going to be a different color; representing each decade that they have been married. I started making the cake Saturday morning. Well needless to say, "I'm definitely NOT a cake decorator." It was actually quite shocking how wrong I got this because I actually tend to put desserts together quite well. However, this picture describes it all.



I think it was a little too heavy and fell over and apart. Adam had to get a picture of it. Not to worry though, we saved the cake to show them. I did make them another cake that turned out great. I sent them home with this colorful cake and an extra container of frosting. The cake was quite good, it's was just not so great to look at.
After dinner we gave them the gift we had been working on. We created a slideshow of the past 40 years. They loved it. We hope their 40th Anniversary was spectaclar. Happy Anniversary. We love you guys.

Here they are 40 years ago

And here they are today....looking fabulous


It only took like 10 shots to get this photo to come out right.

No comments: